Running Cisco Jabber and Zoom in your Citrix VDI?

I've been working from home the last few months using a works provided Citrix VDI. And I've been running this Citrix VDI from my home PC (mainly because it has more USB ports, and more screen outputs than the tiny works laptop that I've been provided with).

If you want to use Cisco Jabber or Zoom for audio and voice within the Citrix VDI, you will need to install these two things on your local client (home PC in my case):

1) How to download the 'VDI client for Jabber' (it is free and no login required) - go to:

I downloaded and installed the '12.9 VDI client for Windows thin-client x64' version on my PC.

2) How to download the 'Zoom Plugin for Citrix Receiver' (it is free and no login required) - go to:

Currently (4th August 2020), I am running these versions:
- Cisco JVDI Client 64-bit 12.9.0.53399
- Zoom Plugin for Citrix Receiver 5.0.23901

Image: Plugins on Local Client to Run Jabber and Zoom in VDI

I thought I might as well publish this information, because the global IT helpdesk for the large global bank I'm currently working for, did not have a clue. Almost like I was the only person in the world running the corporate VDI on my home computer (perhaps I am but I struggle to believe that in a company with greater than 200'000 employees.)

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2021: I had to perform a fresh setup of my PC for this. Additionally, I needed to first download and install:
Curiously there doesn't seem to be a Zoom Plugin for Citrix Receiver anymore, just Zoom - perhaps this is a simplification of Zoom's integrations/products.
My softwares installed are:
  • Citrix Workspace 2101 - 21.02.0.25
  • Cisco JDVI Client 64-bit - 12.9.3.55062
  • Zoom - 5.5.1 (12488.0202)
I'll update this post with any feedback on this setup.

Comments