Zoom "Unable to see share due to IT configuration strategy"

I'm getting this in Zoom:

"Unable to see share due to IT configuration strategy".

I'm using a works provided Citrix Virtual Deskop on top of my home Windows 10 PC (recently rebuilt due to corrupted SSD drive). My home Windows 10 PC has installed:

  • Citrix Workspace 2102
  • Zoom 5.5.1

I'm thinking I need to find the "Zoom Plugin for Citrix Receiver" like I had here -

https://examcramnotes.blogspot.com/2020/08/running-cisco-jabber-and-zoom-in-your.html

- but last time I looked I couldn't see it...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Ah yes, that's all it was. You'll find the "Zoom Plugin for Citrix Receiver" here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041602711

The links are in the column entitled "VDI Release". Latest version is 3.3.3 which confused me slightly as when you install the "Zoom Citrix VDI Plugin for release version 3.3.3" and look in add/remove programs, it says version 5.4.59458...

CONTINUED...

No, it wasn't that. The funny thing is that I can run the zoom session from my home PC, and use that to share my Virtual Desktop. Zoom just won't work in the Virtual Desktop.

Next thing to try. When I log into my Citrix Windows 10 Virtual Desktop, I get a Zscaler is not working error, could this problem be something to do with that?

TO BE CONTINUED (AGAIN)...

SOLVED! Discovered the solution to my problem. The Zoom plugin I was using was too new! I needed 3.3.2, which I downloaded from:


Comments