Get list of All Reports in Cognos via API?

I'm working for an enterprise customer who uses NetApp OnCommand Insight 7.3.x and IBM Cognos Analytics 11.x. I've been asked to "Get list of All Reports in Cognos".

Looking in IBM Cognos Analytics, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this without manually recording every item - that would be a pain as there's loads.

I inquired with colleagues and a tool was suggested: MotioPI (https://motio.com/product/motiopi/). This tool looks very promising. I've got it on a lab and it does a lot of what I need. The only problem is getting the product into my enterprise customer (which will be challenging and definitely not quick.)

Image: Connecting MotioPI to OCI's Cognos 11

Of specific interest for me in the MotioPI output is:
- Content (list of reports and more)
- Cognos Output (looks like it says when reports were created which is a bit like the execution time output)
- Schedule
- Execution Time

Image: MotioPI showing content

So, if MotioPI can get all this information just connecting over -
'https://yourserver:9300/p2pd/servlet/dispatch'
- perhaps there is some kind of API which I can use to get what I want?

In the IBM documentation there were these articles which seem promising:

And there was definately something at:
https://your_dwh_server:9300/bi/v1/disp/rds/wsil’
https://your_dwh_server:9300/bi/v1/disp/rds/wsdl’

And that's about as far as I've got researching this so far.

I googled 'Get list of All Reports in Cognos', and a fair few very relevant looking results came up. Unfortunately, I don't think they help me:
- Access to the Content Store (I don't think I have this access, will inquire...)
- MetaManager from BSP Software (similar thing to MotioPI)
- Audit Package (I don't think we have this installed, will inquire...)
- SDK (I don't think we have this...)


I understand that Cognos uses and Apache Derby database. And DbVisualizer (which is an awesome tool) can connect to Apache Derby database (amongst many other database types.) I came across the following article on the SAP Community Wiki -
Using DBVisualizer to access Apache Derby
- which leads to a nice PDF walkthrough "Using DBVisualizer with Derby". It does look like you need local server access, which alas I don't have, but I'll test it out in the lab anyway.

Image: Using DBVisualizer: Derby Database Connection

Image: Using DB Visualizer: Derby Database Connection (Embedded)

Comments