Install the Microsoft ODBC driver for SQL Server (Linux)

I've got a Python script that pulls data from a Microsoft SQL database, and I'm trying to get the script to run on a RHEL Linux using Ansible. Alas, I am missing a driver so I will need to get it installed (alas not by me, I do not have permissions on this server.)

Looks like these are the instructions:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/odbc/linux-mac/installing-the-microsoft-odbc-driver-for-sql-server

The error I got was:

'01000', "[01000] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib 'SQL Server'

Same as in this stackoverflow.com article (which is where I got the link to install the ODBC driver):

Linux python3 - Can't open lib 'SQL Server' - Stack Overflow

If I get a few moments I might have a go installing this on my Ubuntu Windows Subsystem for Linux box to get a better understanding of what I need to request the Linux support guys do for me (and - of course -post my findings here.)

Comments